Monday, September 7, 2009

You must have rain to make a RAINBOW!


This weekend has been a nice preview of the weather to come for Portland. I love the rain and clouds until about February. Then I wonder if I should invest in a sun lamp or drive my car off a bridge. But after the 105 degree heat wave, I'd take this rain any day!

Here's some gear to get you ready for the fall and winter.
1. Marimekko Omena Umbrella $40.00 from Always Mod (everything Marimekko!) Also check out their cute rain ponchos.
2. Totes Rain Poncho in Smoke $8.99 from Target This is what I'll probably get since It folds up into a nice size to throw in my purse...and what a deal!
3. Compass Rain Poncho $295.oo from sevennewyork I love looking at expensive clothing! When I hit that lotto I'll buy us both one.
4. Purple Rain $10 from Amazon This is what I'll watch when I'm too lazy to go out because of the rain.
5. Patagonia Rain Shadow Hat on sale for $35.00 at Back Country Sometimes you just need a hat.
6. Buttercup Rain Chain $119.00 from target. There are tons of styles of these downspout alternatives. I had no idea they were so expensive though. Try RainChains4Less to save some dough. There are a couple of houses in Felony Flats (where I reside) that have these rain chains and it makes their porches look so nice ;)
7. REI Alpental Cap with eVent Fabric $39.50 REI I hate the stitching detail on this, but if it keeps my ears warm and my head dry, I'll wear it anyways!
8. & 9. Arcade Jaune $384 and Station Noir $341 from DoYouVelo OMG! Everything on this site is designed so perfectly for your bike commute in the rain.
10. & 11. Tretorn Plask Cuff and Plask Toggle both on sale for $54.97 (originally $140) on Piperlime This is the treat I'm going to buy myself when I get paid next. I love all of Tretorn's shoes! But if you still want to save some money, they have rain boots in every color imaginable for $24.99 at Target.

Stay dry y'all!






3 comments:

  1. I just made a looong list of all the things I'm looking forward to doing this autumn . . . and this is the way I'll accessorize it! HA!

    Miss you lady! Let's do coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES lets do coffee this next Monday!

    Jam Box.. I would never remove anything you have to say.. unless it's about my links not being thorough.

    ReplyDelete